Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Thing #18



1. What did you like or dislike about the sites you explored? Most of the sites were not very appealing to me and I guess I may as well admit, that I already had a kind of attitude about YouTube before I explored it. I think this is mainly because of all the bad things I have heard about the videos some kids are downloading from YouTube and some of the other video sites.

2.Why did you choose the video that you did?
I choose this YouTube video because this is the Winona State University Library. I had two daughters who attended Winona State and have been in this library. It was actually just finished while my daughters were there. This video brought back memories of when I visited my daughters at Winona. I was able to play the video on my blog from my home computer but I know it will not play on my school computer because YouTube is blocked. YouTube can have many good features but it also has some that aren't so great. I don't think I would spend a lot of time on YouTube simply because I wouldn't use it at my workplace in the high school library.
(I did this "thing" on my home computer because I knew YouTube would be blocked on my school computer so when I go into my blog here at school I also can not view the YouTube Video, so I hope others can even if I can't.)

3.Can you see any ways to use video--YouTube or other sites--on your library Web site? Actually I do not think I would use any YouTube or any other sites videos for my library web site at this time especially since they are blocked at our school. While these sites like YouTube have there purpose and can be used for good purposes, most of what I have seen and heard about them have not impressed me enough to want to use them.

No comments: