1. Gale - I set up an RSS feed to my Google Reader so I will be checking to see what search results I will be receiving. I also did the Challenge and also set up a feed to that topic. This seemed to be a little less frustrating than when I did Thing #3!!! So maybe I did learn something along the way!!!!!
2 . EBSCO - I created an account and I started a web page. I will come back to this from time to time and add to it. I knew this option existed but just never took the time to use it!!!
3. Proquest - I created a web page and I also did the Challenge. I am enjoying the ELM “thing” because I have used ELM many times and so this is at least something that I am more familiar with and so am more comfortable with this “thing”!
4. NetLibrary - This is a wonderful tool for all of us to use at some time or other. This is especially a great resource for those libraries that have limited budgets and some books are not an option to purchase.
How can these tools be applied to your everyday work? There are numerous ways these tools can be used in everyday work. It could be for your own personal research or for the students and faculty. There are many classes that do research on a variety of subjects and many times just searching the internet does not provide researchers with the needed facts or data. Many times I have recommended going to one of the databases we have used in Thing #17 and the search is almost always successful in producing the needed information.
How can these tools facilitate collaboration with your colleagues? Providing students and faculty with information about the ELM tools is a must and I encourage them to use these tools for many classes doing research.
How can these tools benefit your patrons/students? These tools can benefit patrons/students/faculty by using them for any research they may be doing.
I have attended several ELM workshops and there is always something new to learn and pass on to students, faculty and colleagues. I have always been so glad that we have these ELM productivity tools because if we could not have access to these databases, newspapers, e-books, etc. through ELM, there is no way our library budgets could begin to afford them. Thanks to our legislators and taxpayers for their support!!!
Tuesday, February 19, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
SCC~I was "wowed" when I looked through your 23 Things progress. Still at number 4, I'm impressed at the consistent and imformative progress you are making! It is inspiring, and I appreciate your detailed comments. I have found them helpful. Before you know it you will have cruised right through 23 Things and I do hope you will find some of the tools and techniques you've been learning continually helpful.
Post a Comment