I designed and update two city web sites at this time and so starting up a web page for myself just wouldn’t get the attention it should. I actually don’t like to have much about myself out there on the web. Setting up my blog is probably as far as I want to go at this time.
I tried the countdown widget and after inserting it into my blog several times, I just gave up because even though it showed up in my blog, it would not start counting down. So I once again found out that I have a lot to learn!!!
If I would make a calendar using the web, I would use Google Calendar. I already have a Google account so this is the one I would use. As I went through the Google Calendar tour, it looked pretty user friendly also. An online calendar would be great to use for scheduling classes that plan to come into the library for research. Like some of the other tools we have been working with, setting up and using an online calendar all takes time.
The Top Ten Productivity Web Sites was a great list and I will revisit this site. Backpack pretty much has it all. I am a sticky note person and so Mystickies interested me and I enjoyed visiting this site. One advantage of this site is that you can enter information about a web site and indicate why you want to come back to it. When you add a bookmark to your favorites, if you are like me, when you come back to it you are not sure why you saved it.
Thursday, February 14, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment