Thursday, February 14, 2008

Thing #14

LibraryThing is "thing" for booklovers!!! I set up an account on LibraryThing. I added some John Grisham books but have not had any response from anyone else yet about these books. Hopefully this link works for my LibraryThing: http://www.librarything.com/catalog.php?view=thing14&shelf=list&sort=copiesREV

LibraryThing would be a wonderful way to set up a book club and have others discuss the same books. This would be an easy way to keep up with what everyone else is reading and recommending. Our high school has a reading cube for 20 minutes everyday right after lunch. Last year I made a bulletin board and had everyone submit their favorite books. This was a great way for sharing what everyone was reading and then others would read the recommended books. Students would check the bulletin board quite often.

Challenge:
I opened an account on Goodreads. This is an awesome way to communicate about books and what others have read. I just got started but will be adding more books to my account as soon as I finish “23 Things”!!!! Here is my Goodreads widget:




Widget_logo

No comments: