Friday, February 20, 2009

Thing 25!! - Bloggers Toolkit - Yikes!!!

I have some extra time waiting for the rest of the "Things" to become available so I am going back and having some fun with some extra "things" and this one below was so much fun. Hope everyone else enjoys it too!!


Well, I spent a good 3 hours browsing the bloggers toolkit!! I created a Vizu Web Poll at http://www.vizu.com/ and, of course, since I am excited that baseball will be starting, I created a poll about the Minnesota Twins players. It took me a while to make up my mind which tool to use but this was a fairly easy task but took longer than I wanted it to. Once again, I am not sure a lot of the "gadgets" or "widgits" are features I want to add to my blog. I will probably change my mind as I go on to the other "things" and get more comfortable as to where I want my library blog to go. It is, however, great to know what is out there to use if I decide to do more exploring!!

I created a Site Meter using http://www.sitemeter.com/ and this was also an easy enough task.

I also chose http://www.clustrmaps.com/ to track visitors to my site. I am not expecting a lot of visitors but that could change once I connect with some other bloggers which is a goal I have but I am not sure how I want to proceed with that since I would prefer to keep my blog out of the high traffic.

Since I have already added some pictures and a slideshow in previous "things" I will leave those as is for now. I do have some more photos I would like to play around with but those are on my home computer so once I am able to load them to my flash drive and put them on my work computer I will see what happens with those.

I must say I enjoyed making it snow on my blog but as for winter and snow, it can't end soon enough for me. I am ready for spring and warmer weather!!!

The 20 Usability Tips For Your Blog was interesting and I will probably come back to that as I blog along!!!

I also couldn't resist the Typealyzer and I do not agree with the all results but for the most part I think it was pretty much accurate!!! Below are the results in case anyone might want to read them!!!

ISTP - The Mechanics

The independent and problem-solving type. They are especially attuned to the demands of the moment are masters of responding to challenges that arise spontaneously. They generally prefer to think things out for themselves and often avoid inter-personal conflicts.

The Mechanics enjoy working together with other independent and highly skilled people and often like to seek fun and action both in their work and personal life.

They enjoy adventure and risk such as in driving race cars or working as policemen and firefighters. (Not likely!!)

No comments: