Tuesday, January 28, 2014
23 Mobile Things #5 - Notetaking
For this app I chose Dragon Dictation as the app to research and download. After reading the description (Dragon is a simple speech to text app where you can speak your notes and Dragon will type them out for you. You can also edit the notes with a keyboard afterwards, because it doesn’t always hear you correctly. Notes can be sent to email, Facebook, or Twitter directly from the app.)I was most attracted to this app because of the dictating feature!
Reasonably accurate and fast, the Dragon Dictation iPhone app cuts the typing out of jotting down a note, drafting an email, posting online, and a few other light tasks. While it can increase productivity for some, it's not even close to being a hands-free app. Dragon Dictation is a handy tool for recording your voice and quickly turning it into text that you can then edit and send via text, e-mail, Facebook, Twitter, and more. This will take some time to get used to especially when dictating and forgetting to add a “periods”, “commas”, “new lines” etc. Not sure I will continue using this app personally but will sure try to do more experimenting and see what I decide. Also Dragon Dictation is a dictation app, and not a note-taking app, so you can't save notes inside the app.
Received my badge for completing Thing #5:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment