Tuesday, January 28, 2014

23 Mobile Things #6 - Creating & Editing Docs

I chose “CloudOn” for thing #6. This is a very exciting app for those of us who want to be able to create documents in Word, Excel, or PowerPoint. This app is totally awesome for ipad and iphone users. We now can open, view, edit and create in Word, Excel, or Powerpoint! The biggest down side is that there is no support for printing files from this app!! CloudOn does what it claims. It lets you access and use Microsoft Office from your iPad. Accessing CloudOn and Google Drive does require that you have an internet connection since there is no offline access. This is somewhat of an inconvenience but the current price, which is free for now, is not something we can complain about at this point.

I can see where not being able to print after creating a document is a big draw back but I can also see where students, teachers, librarians or anyone for that matter who has an ipad would benefit from this app. Create the document whether it be a homework assignment or lesson plan and just email it to yourself and you can access the document and then print it!!! I chose Google Drive as by dropbox choice. I was able to email the document from Google Drive to my email address!!! I really want to spend more time playing around with this app but better move on the thing #7!!!

No comments: