I explored pretty much all of the links provided once again. I really am having issues with this one!!! I guess I would just say what I tell my students when they are researching a topic. Wikipedia might be a place to start but do not use that as a reference. In my experience some of the information on Wikipedia is not always reliable. Anyone can change facts or information and it could be completely opinion and not fact. So that is how I feel about these sites that I viewed. Some of the questions I ran across, I could not believe were even being asked. Someone has too much time on their hands!!!
I think librarians will be helping with questions as well as internet FAQ sites. I am not comfortable going on those sites. I guess that is the old fashioned me revealing itself.
I did think that of all the QA sites Slam the Boards was the best one since it actually has librarians doing the answering. I would find them more reliable. I did not answer any questions or participate on this site.
Even though most households have computers, there are those who are not able to afford them. The library will be their place to go to find answers. Hopefully before using the internet for answers they will ask the librarian if there are books they can use to answer whatever questions they might have. These online answer sites are definitely competition but I think libraries and librarians will be around for a long time yet in the future.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment