Sunday, March 22, 2009

Thing 38 - Screencasting

Screencasts can be used for demonstrating and teaching any topic or subject especially software application or web service. I explored most all the links available here once again. I did not download any of the screencasting software yet since I am on the school computer. I will have to get that permission from the tech person. Then if I get the ok I will certainly explore making a screencast. I even know what topic I will use. I will show how to get to my library page from the front page of our school web site so stay tuned for that hopefully soon!!! I did set up an account on Screencast.com but did not really get into it.

I watched the project of Peter Rabbit made by Wink. This could be a very good supplemental tool for teaching beginners to read.

Optimizing Pictures in PowerPoint was very informational. Didn't know anything about optimizing or how easy it was to compress pictures in powerpoint presentations.

This is by far one of the best "things" I have explored so far. I can see such an advantage to using this screencasting program for so many reasons. This tool can be used in the library or even in the classroom especially now that we have smartboards to project the finished screencasting project.

No comments: